SSC CGL Syllabus & Exam Pattern is a must needed information to clear the Combined Graduate Level Exam. Every year lakhs of candidates apply to appear for the SSC CGL Examination. Thus, it is certain that the Selection Test will be super competitive and only the best will be shortlisted. Citing the importance of the Staff Selection Commission CGL Exam, we have discussed the SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Thus, aspirants can refer to these info and maximise their chance to get selected.
Staff Selection Commission CGL Exam Syllabus – In Brief
|Exam Conducting Authority||Staff Selection Commission|
|Examination Name||Combined Graduate Level (CGL)|
|Total No. of Vacancy||Update Later|
|Opening Date of Application||23rd December 2021|
|Last Date of Submission Application||23rd January 2022|
|Category||Central Govt Jobs|
|Job Location||All over India|
|CGL Tier-I Examination Date||11th to 21st April 2022|
Have you applied for SSC CGL Examination 2022 ? If yes, then you might be searching for the SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Well the Good News is that we have discussed Staff Selection Commission CGL Exam Syllabus in details. Apart from this, the Phase Wise CGL Exam Pattern is also shared here. Thus, the application submitted candidates can refer to these information through the section below to prepare effectively.
SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam Selection Process
SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination Selection Process consist of the following four tiers/ stages as shared below –
|Stage 1||Tier -I – Computer Based Examination|
|Stage 2||Tier -II – Computer Based Examination|
|Stage 3||Tier-III – Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)|
|Final Stage||Tier-IV – Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable) or Document Verification|
Out of the tests, the Tier I Exam and Tier III ( Stage 3) are qualifying in nature and the final merit list is prepared on the basis of Tier 2 Score.
SSC CGL Tier 1 & Tier 2 Exam Pattern Overview
SSC Combined Graduate Level Recruitment Exam Pattern is discussed here. The exam pattern discussed here shall have the topics of the exam, number of questions, marks and test duration. Hence, by referring these information, the aspirants can prepare for the upcoming test.
SSC Tier 1 Exam Pattern
|Subject||No of Qs||Marks|
|A. General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
|B. General Awareness||25||50|
|C. Quantitative Aptitude||25||50|
|D. English Comprehension||25||50|
- Time Duration is 60 Minutes (Total).
- Questions will be MCQ type.
- The Test will be an Online Test.
SSC CGL Tier II Exam Pattern
|Paper-I: Quantitative Abilities||100||200|
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
- Time Duration is 120 Minutes (for each Paper)
- The Test will be an Online Test.
SSC CGL Tier III Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Scheme of Exam||Marks||Time|
|Pen and Paper mode||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi (Writing of Essay/ Precis/ Letter/ Application etc.)||100||60|
Mains Examination Pattern
|Sr. No.||Topics||No of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|1||Test of Reasoning||40||40||30 minutes|
|2||Test of English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|3||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|4||Test of General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|5||Test of Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
- The Main Exam is a Computer Based Test.
- Questions will be in English & Hindi Language.
- Every correct answer carries 1 mark.
- Incorrect answer will have a penalty of 0.25 marks.
You may check >> SSC CGL Exam Date / Admit Card Updates
Staff Selection Commission CGL Exam Syllabus
Staff Selection Commission CGL Exam has four stages of selection in general. Hence, both the SSC CGL Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 4 Syllabus are shared below. Candidates who are looking for the complete SSC CGL Exam Syllabus can refer to the subject wise topics to prepare. Below is the topics according to the subjects of the SSC Combined Graduate level Exam. Thus, refer to these and start the preparation as early as possible.
SSC CGL General Intelligence and Reasoning Syllabus
- Odd man out
- Number Series
- Letter Series
- Logical Deduction
- Inferring from diagrams, Series
- Selecting the correct sequence
- Symbol Interpretation
- Analogy tests
- Logical Reasoning
- Implication of sentences
- Mathematical puzzles
- Data Sufficiency
SSC CGL General Awareness Syllabus
- Indian Economy.
- Famous Places in India.
- Rivers, Lakes and Seas.
- Famous Books & Authors.
- Environmental Issues.
- Current Affairs.
- Famous Days & Dates.
- Indian History.
- Indian Parliament.
- Inventions and Discoveries.
- General Science.
- Indian Politics.
- Countries and Capitals.
- General Arithmetic
- Basic Computer Knowledge.
SSC CGL Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- Number Systems,
- Ratio and Proportion,
- Profit and Loss,
- Computation of Whole Numbers,
- Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers,
- Fundamental Arithmetical Operations,
- Use of Table and Graphs,
- Time and Distance,
- Ratio and Time etc.
SSC CGL English Comprehension Syllabus
- Error recognition,
- Fill in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc),
- Sentence Structure,
- Sentence Completion,
- Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words, etc
SSC CGL Statistics Syllabus
- Probability, Probability Distributions, Binomial, Poisson, Normal, Exponential.
- Compilation, classification, tabulation of Statistical Data, Graphical presentation of data.
- Measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion, measures of association and contingency, scatter diagram, correlation coefficient, rank correlation coefficient and linear regression analysis ( for two or more variables ) excluding partial correlation coefficients.
- Concept of Population, random sample, parameters, statistics, sampling distribution of x properties of estimators and estimation of confidence intervals.
- Principles of sampling, simple random sampling, stratified sampling, systematic sampling etc., Sampling and non-sampling errors, type-I and type-II errors.
- Concepts of Hypothesis – Null and alternate, Testing of hypothesis for large samples as well as small samples including Chi-square tests ( Z, t, F, X2, tests ).
- Index Numbers, Time series analysis – components of variation and their estimation.
SSC CGL General Studies (Finance and Economics) Syllabus
- Demand and Supply Analysis, including Laws and Interaction of Demand and Supply.
- Production Function and Laws of Returns.
- Commodity Pricing – Characteristics of various Market Forms and Price Determination under such
- Theory of Factor Pricing – Rent, Wage, Interest and Profit.
- Theory of Employment – Classical and Neo-classical Approach.
- Keynesian Theory of Employment – Principles of Effective Demand. Meaning and Importance of
Investment, Relation between Saving and Investment, Multiplier Effect and the process of Income
Generation, Post Keynesian Development.
- Nature and Functions of Money, Value of Money, Fluctuations in the value of Money – Inflation and
Deflation, Monetary Policy, Index Number.
- International Trade-Free Trade and Protection, Theories of International Trade.
- Foreign Exchange – Determination of the rate of Exchange – Purchasing Power Parity theory and
Balance of Payment Theory.
- Public Finance – Nature. Scope and importance of Public Finance.
- Taxation – Meaning, Classification and Principles of Taxation, Incidence of Taxation.
- Deficit Financing.
- Fiscal Policy.
SSC CGL Exam Syllabus pdf Download
To conclude we have shared the SSC CGL Tier 1 and 2 Exam Syllabus pdf version. Hence, aspirants looking for the SSC CGL Syllabus PDF can follow the direct link to below to download it.
We hope the above needed information in connection to SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam Syllabus is useful. Thus, refer to these and start the preparation as soon as possible.
Best of Luck