JEE Main 2021: Joint Entrance Examination 2021 (JEE 2021) is a National Level Entrance Test for admission to Engineering and allied courses across the country. The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Government of India has entrusted the responsibility of conducting Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) to the NTA from 2019 onwards. Here on this page we shall share the details of JEE Main 2021, Eligibility, Courses and Online Application Form direct link. Thus, scroll down for the complete information.
Update: Application for April & May Session has commenced with Exam Date Notification from 20th July 2021 is out. Check the update HERE.
Overview of NTA JEE Main 2021 Notification
|Exam Authority||National Testing Authority|
|Exam Name||JEE Main|
|Courses||B.E / B.Tech, B.Arch & B. Planning Course|
Students in large want to pursue engineering courses in India, thus JEE Main 2021 will be an ideal entrance for these candidates. Hence, these aspirants willing to apply for NTA JEE Main 2021, can get the complete information of this entrance examination through the section below.
Structure of JEE (Main) 2021
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) is conducted for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), Institutions/ Universities funded/ recognized by participating State Governments. This Entrance Exam comprises of two papers. The details is as under –
|Paper 1||For admission to B.E/B. Tech Program|
|Paper 2A||For admission to B. Arch Program|
|Paper 2B||For admission to B. Planning Program|
Similar to the JEE Main, NTA also conducts JEE (Advanced) which is the entrance test for admission to IITs.
NTA JEE (Main) 2021 – Sessions
NTA conducts the JEE (Main) is conducted in multiple Sessions in February/ March/ April /May for admissions in the next academic session. The candidates will thus benefit in the following ways:
- This will give multiple opportunities to the candidates to improve their scores in the examination if they fail to give their best in the first attempt without wasting their whole academic year.
- In first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and will know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the next time.
- This will reduce the chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste a full year.
- If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control, then he/she will not have to wait for one full year.
Of all the attempts, the student’s best of the 2021 NTA Scores will be considered for preparation of Merit List/ Ranking.
NTA JEE Main – Mode of Examinations
JEE (Main)-2021 will be conducted by NTA in the following modes:
- Paper 1 (B.E. /B. Tech.) in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only.
- Paper 2A (B. Arch): Mathematics (Part-I) and Aptitude Test (Part-II) in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only and Drawing Test (Part-III) in pen & paper (offline) mode, to be attempted on drawing sheet of A4 size.
- Paper 2B (B. Planning): Mathematics (Part-I), Aptitude Test (Part-II) and Planning Based Questions (Part-III) in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode only.
Eligibility to appear for NTA JEE (Main) 2021
Candidates possessing the following eligibility can apply and appear for the JEE(Main) 2021 for the session declared.
|Age Limit||For appearing in the JEE (Main) 2021, there is no age limit for the candidates|
|Educational Qualification||10+2 or equivalent exam passed. The candidates who have passed the class 12 / equivalent examination in 2019, 2020, or appearing in 2021 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) 2021 examination.|
How to Register Online for JEE (Main) 2021?
The registration process is completely online. Therefore the aspirants should first download the information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Candidates should read this carefully to ensure the eligibility. Thereafter the applicants can Follow the steps given below to Apply Online.
- Step-1: Apply for Online Registration using own Email Id and Mobile No.
- Step-2: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application Number.
- Step-3: Upload scanned images of:
- The recent photograph (file size 10 Kb – 200 Kb) should be either in colour or black & white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against white background;
- Candidate’s signature (file size: 4 kb – 30 kb);
- Duly verified result awaited attestation form (file size: 50 kb to 500 KB),
- Category certificate (SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS etc.) (file size: 50 kb to 300 KB),
- PwD certificate (file size: 50kb to 300kb) in jpg/jpeg format.
- Step-4: Pay fee using SBI/ Canara Bank/ HDFC Bank/ ICICI Bank/ Paytm Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card / Net Banking/UPI and keep proof of fee paid.
Candidates now should download, save and print a copy of Confirmation Page of the Application Form for future reference.
JEE Main 2021 Examination | Important Dates
|JEE Main Admit Card (Phase I) – Feb Session||11th February 2021|
|JEE Main 2021 Phase I Exam Date||23rd to 26th Feb 2021|
|JEE Main Admit Card (Phase II) – March Session||11th March 2021|
|JEE Main 2021 Phase II Exam Date||16th to 18th March 2021|
|Phase III Application Period||6th to 8th July 2021|
|JEE Main Admit Card (Phase III) – April Session||Update Soon|
|JEE Main 2021 Phase III Exam Date||20th to 25th July 2021|
|Phase IV Application Period||9th to 12th July|
|JEE Main Admit Card (Phase IV) – May Session||Update Soon|
|JEE Main 2021 Phase IV Exam Date||27th July to 2nd August 2021|
|Result Declaration Date||Feb Session – 10th March 2021|
March Session – 25th March 2021