CLAT 2021 Syllabus with Exam Pattern & Mark Distribution is discussed here. Aspirants willing to appear for the CLAT 2021 shall find this information useful. Actually, Consortium of National Law Universities is going to start the Common Law Admission Test soon. Thus, before the test, we present you the most needed details on Common Law Admission Test Syllabus & Exam Pattern. Hopefully, the aspirants at the end of this page, will have a clear overview of the CLAT. Hence, scroll down this page for the complete information.
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2021 Syllabus Overview
|Entrance Test||Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)|
|Organising Body||Consortium of National Law Universities|
|Mode of Test||Computer Based Offline Test|
|Purpose of Test||Admission to UG & PG Law Programmes|
|Score / Grade Range||-37.5 to 150|
|Duration of Test||2 hours|
|Score / Grade Validity||1 year|
Common Law Admission Test or CLAT is a Law Admission Entry Test conducted by Consortium of National law Universities. The Entrance Test is conducted for Undergraduate & Post Graduate Level Courses. Accordingly, the Exam Pattern and Syllabus is also different according to the test. In the sections below, we shall cover the entire syllabus, exam pattern and mark distribution of both of these type of CLAT.
CLAT 2021 Exam Pattern Details
The Exam Pattern of CLAT 2021 will let the aspirants know the question pattern,mark scheme and also the duration of the test. By knowing these, the intenders can chalk out an effective study plan to crack this entrance test.
UG-CLAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The UG-CLAT 2021 shall be a 2-hour test, with 150 multiple-choice questions carrying 1 mark each. There shall be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. These questions would be divided across the following 5 subjects –
- English Language
- Current Affairs, including General Knowledge
- Legal Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Techniques
|Subject Areas||No of Questions|
|English Language||28-32 questions, or roughly 20% of the paper|
|Current Affairs, including General Knowledge||35-39 questions, or roughly 25% of the paper|
|Legal Reasoning||35-39 questions, or roughly 25% of the paper|
|Logical Reasoning||28-32 questions, or roughly 20% of the paper|
|Quantitative Techniques||13-17 questions, or roughly 10% of the paper|
PG-CLAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The PG-CLAT 2021 is a two section exam of 120 minutes duration. The first section would include 100 objective-type questions carrying 1 mark each. There shall be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. While the second section is of 50 marks and it would require candidates to write 2 descriptive essays. The paper will be based on the mandatory subjects of the undergraduate program in Law.
Note: Candidates who secure 40% (35% in case of SC, ST, and PWD) marks in the objective section will qualify for the evaluation of their answers in the descriptive section.
You may check >> CLAT Exam Date & Hall Ticket Release Dates Here
CLAT Syllabus 2021 @ consortiumofnlus.ac.in
The CLAT Syllabus as prescribed by Consortium of National Law Universities is available on the Official websites. Here the same is shared according to the Entrance type. The applied candidates can refer to the entrance wise syllabus to prepare for the upcoming test.
UG-CLAT English Language Syllabus
In this section, candidates will be provided passages of about 450 words each. Each passage will be followed by a series of questions that will test the aspirants abilities to:
- Demonstrate your comprehension and language skills;
- Read and comprehend the main point discussed in the passage, as well as any arguments and viewpoints discussed or set out in the passage;
- Draw inferences and conclusions based on the passage;
- Summarise the passage;
- Compare and contrast the different arguments or viewpoints set out in the passage; and
- Understand the meaning of various words and phrases used in the passage.
UG-CLAT Current Affairs Including GK Syllabus
In this section, candidates will be provided passages of up to 450 words each. Similarly each passage will have 4 to 5 questions that will be to check the candidate’s knowledge on –
- Current Affairs and General Knowledge;
- Contemporary events of significance from India and the world;
- Arts and culture;
- International affairs; and
- Historical events of continuing significance.
UG-CLAT 2021 Syllabus on Legal Reasoning
Here, also some passage of 450 words each will be there in the question paper. Thereafter, each passage will have series of questions that will require candidate to:
- Identify and infer the rules and principles set out in the passage;
- Apply such rules and principles to various fact situations; and
- Understand how changes to the rules or principles may alter their application to various fact situations.
Logical Reasoning Syllabus in UG-CLAT 2021
The Logical Reasoning section of the UG-CLAT 2021 will include a series of short passages of about 300 words each. Each passage will be followed by one or more questions that will require the aspirants to:
- Recognize an argument, its premises and conclusions;
- Read and identify the arguments set out in the passage;
- Critically analyse patterns of reasoning, and assess how conclusions may depend on particular premises or evidence;
- Infer what follows from the passage and apply these inferences to new situations;
- Draw relationships and analogies, identify contradictions and equivalence, and assess the effectiveness of arguments.
UG-LAT 2021 Quantitative Techniques
The Quantitative Techniques section of the UG-CLAT 2021 will include short sets of facts or propositions, graphs, or other textual, pictorial or diagrammatic representations of numerical information, followed by a series of questions. The questions will require to:
- Derive, infer, and manipulate numerical information set out in such passages, graphs, or other representations; and
- Apply various 10th standard mathematical operations on such information, including from areas such as ratios and proportions, basic algebra, mensuration and statistical estimation.
PG-CLAT 2021 Objective Section
In this section of the PG-CLAT 2021, candidates will be provided extracts from primary legal materials such as important court decisions in various fields of law, statutes or regulations. Each passage will be followed by a series of questions that will require aspirants to demonstrate the:
- Ability to read and comprehend the issues discussed in the passage, as well as any arguments and viewpoints discussed or set out in the passage;
- Awareness of the issues discussed in the passage, as well as of legal issues and facts related to and arising out of the passage and the judgment or statute from which it is extracted;
- Summarise the passage; and
- Ability to apply your knowledge of the fields of law discussed in the passage.
PG-CLAT Descriptive Section
In this section of the PG-CLAT 2021, candidates have to write essays answering Any 2 question from amongst the list of questions supplied. Exam Participants answers must not exceed 800 words each, and he/she should demonstrate the following in your response:
- Awareness of the legal, factual, and philosophical issues;
- Ability to structure the answer, and clearly set out various arguments and perspectives related to the topic set out in the questions and to draw a conclusion based on the above.
The questions in PG-CLAT 2021 both objective and descriptive will be on the following topics as under –
- Constitutional Law
- Administrative Law
- Law of Contract
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Property Law
- Company Law
- Public International Law
- Tax Law
- Environmental Law, and
- Labour & Industrial Law.
Finally, we hope the willing candidates have found the information of CLAT Syllabus 2021 useful.Thus, for more such educational updates, make sure to visit sarkariexam.co.in frequently.